Thursday, December 8, 2016

Holiday Mailing

The holiday postcards are off in the mail.  They are heading nearby and around the world – some even have a mail art, ATC surprise inside.  This year’s image complements my new series of Time Travel Photo Collages with a photo of twenty years of my used paintbrushes.  Normally the brushes are stuffed into an old jar.  When they are all laid out, they are another way to mark time.  It was 20 years ago, in the fall of 1996, after one of many inspirational trips to Joshua Tree, when I returned home with a new focus.  I decided to put all of my creative energy into my visual artwork.  In July of 1997 I left the unsatisfying world of a financial district office job and have been primarily focused on making art ever since.  It has been a struggle at times and it has also been rewarding.  Those old paintbrushes are a good way to mark the years.


If you like this image, you can purchase prints and other products from Society 6.  And today, December 8, they are offering free shipping and some deep discounts.

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks ! Arrived yesterday ! Wishing you a creative New Mail Year 2017 !

    Virgo,Russia

    ReplyDelete