Friday, May 6, 2016

Mail All Over the Map

The latest round of mail art to arrive is a reminder that this is a global adventure with mail coming from close by, just over the hill in Noe Valley to all the way from South Africa.  With additional mail from Québec, British Columbia, Germany, the Netherlands, Turkey and Hungary.  As a twelve year old, I had a few pen pals, but it really has all come full circle for me.  Here are some of the latest pieces:
  1. Two pieces from my Remove-and-Pass series came back.  Both used postcards of a map collage I did back in 2003.  There was one from Torma Cauli in Budapest. 
  2. Another arrived from Meral Agar in Istanbul.
  3. A new piece of recycled material from the school kids in the Netherlands.  We are getting ready to plan the second Pink Mail Art show – I am going to be putting these kids to work soon.
  4. A marvelous little booklet with postal history from Pamela Gerard.
  5. Adrienne Mason also sent a great ephemera-filled handmade book as well.
  6. Kerosene (aka Carolyn Oord) sent a map-themed postcard that can even teach me a little French.
  7. Angela Behrendt sent a photo piece commemorating President Obama’s latest trip to Germany.
  8. And finally, a fantastic haul from Cuan Miles.  I love it all, and I need to get myself a Nelson Mandela rubber stamp!

Time to get back to making art and ready for our mail art extravaganza this weekend with the San Francisco Correspondence Coop celebrating its 5th Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment