Friday, January 1, 2016

Last Call for 2015 Mail Art

Back from holiday travel I returned to a packed post office box.  Plenty of holiday cards including some handmade treats and the last round of 2015’s mail art.  Some of the highlights include:
  1. Amy Irwen’s Christmas greetings that include this hand-stitched butterfly.
  2. A minimalist wintery piece from Julie Crossman.
  3. Seasonal greetings from Fleur Helsingor with an extra pink circle piece.
  4. A handmade, swampy holiday card from Jane Gravois in Florida.
  5. A miniature mailbox piece from Peggy Eigler.
  6. A big postcard collage from Sagebrush Moderne.
  7. A hilarious Tears of Macaulay Culkin holiday card from My Mail Art.  This one wins my prize for best Christmas Card for 2015.
  8. Holidays and butterflies from Jokie X. Wilson.
  9. Last month I put out the word that I need some multilingual, international paint chips for a new round of mail art.  R.F. Côté sent an envelope full of them from Québec.  Merci Beaucoup!  These will be put to good use.  I must say the postage stamp did make me cringe a little.  I haven’t followed hockey for 30+ years, but the Philadelphia Flyers?  Oh no.  I was a Sabres fan.  I look forward to Canadian stamps featuring Tim Horton or Gil Perrault.  


Thanks for a year of amazing mail art – now it’s time to get back to work….

No comments:

Post a Comment