Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Mail

It’s been a hectic summer having opened a large show last week.  I haven’t been able to check the PO Box for about two weeks – I finally got up there today and was not disappointed.  All sorts of notes, cards and mail art treasures were waiting for me.  A big thank you to everyone who sent them out.  It’s time for me to make some mail art and start responding.  In the meantime, here a re a few favorites:
  1. Adrienne Mason sent down this large collaged card from British Columbia.  More of her work can be seen at toughcitywriter.blogspot.com
  2. Jennifer Utter was celebrating National Ice Cream Day.  Isn’t that every day?  It is for me.
  3. Marina Salmaso sent this big measuring card – fun on both sides from Denmark.
  4. At first I saw Rebecca Guyver’s piece and thought, hey this looks like I did it.  Of course Rebecca wrote that I inspired her – I’m flattered and love it.
  5. Dori Singh’s card is great from both sides.
  6. Carolyn Oord (aka Kerosene) sent a something soft and fuzzy made with denim and bleach that arrived from Québec.
  7. Mark Dean’s latest card arrived from France last month and it’s been on view for a few weeks – I just realized the patterns are actually above views of cups and saucers.
  8. A little handmade book from Phyllis Lucas-Haddon arrived from Santa Fe.  I’m starting to get quite the collection.




1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to see it arrived. I hope your show is going well. Wish I could be in SF to see it.

    ReplyDelete