Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cynthia Brannvall


In my own work I often strive to reuse, repurpose and recycle materials.  And I also have been using textile patterns as a guide for much of my own collage work.  As soon as I received Cynthia’s submission, I know she was a perfect fit for Collage meets Landscape. 

Her textile work incorporates actual vintage fabric, including lace, ruffles and trim.  Her Lace Series, seemingly abstract, immediately brings to mind landscapes.  The old, stained and discolored fabric comes together in pieces that instantly reminded me of the desert. That her artist’s statement mentions camping and hiking as sources of inspiration, comes as no surprise.

More examples of Cynthia’s work can be seen on her website.

The Collage + Landscape = Collagescape will be on view at San Francisco’s Glama-Rama Salon and Gallery at 304 Valencia Street in San Francisco.
The show runs from July 29 to September 28, 2014 with an opening reception on Friday, August 1 (7pm to 10 pm).
The exhibit will have two components:
On the main level, there will be an exhibit of my new series of work called Collagescapes.
On the upper level of Glama-Rama, I am curating a companion show of mixed media works, where the theme will be Collage meets Landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment