Sunday, November 3, 2013

Collagescapes – Phase 2


Collage + Landscape = Collagescape

Mono Lake Collagescape, mixed media on board, 6”x6”

After making some prototypes and initial pieces using a more general, California-Inspired palette I have started to make pieces based on specific places that I love, have photographed and painted often.  Each piece begins with a review of my previous work based on the place as well as photos from visits I have made there.  The next step is to paint the fields of color that, when dry, are cut up and reassembled into a collagescape.

As much as I love Yosemite, for me, my favorite part might be the places on the other side like Bodie and Mono Lake. 

Prints and other accessories of some of the images from this new series are available from Society 6.  Contact me directly regarding the originals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment