Saturday, March 31, 2012

International Mail Art Exhibition and Exchange



Last November some of my work went up to Canada for the International Mai Art exhibit in Vancouver at the Richmond Art Gallery.  The non-commercial show is one where artists send work and in exchange get work from other participating artists.  This week three cool pieces (see above) arrived in my mailbox.

You can see much of the work from the show on the gallery’s tumblr page.  More of Penelope Harris’s work can be seen on her blog.  I love the idea of using monopoly money (I think I might have to borrow that idea).  Edwin Roberts piece is two-sided but I can’t find any additional work on line.  Ruby Rymer is another fan of maps and old high school yearbooks.  Another example of her mixed media work can be seen here. 

I like how this is working out and need to keep exchange small pieces of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment